Data Breach Summary
On March 27, 2023, InsecureWeb discovered a data breach affecting Zynga.com, a popular online gaming platform. The breach was posted by Pavlov on HydraMarket and resulted in the theft of 172,869,660 user accounts, including names, email addresses, passwords, phone numbers, and dates of birth.
Where and How?
The data breach was found on HydraMarket, a dark web forum known for selling stolen data. The breach was likely caused by a vulnerability in the website’s security, which allowed hackers to gain access to sensitive user data.
A Screenshot of the data can be found below:
Company Data Breach History
This is not the first data breach that Zynga.com has experienced. In 2019, the company suffered a data breach that resulted in the theft of 218 million user accounts. This site is working with cybersecurity experts to further investigate the incident and is taking steps to strengthen its security measures in order to prevent similar breaches from occurring in the future.
Recommendations for Personal Data Protection
How Users Can Protect Their Information
To protect their personal information and accounts from being compromised, users should take the following steps:
– Change their passwords frequently, with a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
– Enable two-factor authentication whenever possible.
– Use unique passwords for each account, to prevent hackers from accessing multiple accounts with the same password.
– Be cautious of suspicious emails or messages, as they may contain phishing links that can compromise their accounts.
– Regularly monitor their accounts for any suspicious activity.
What is InsecureWeb?
InsecureWeb is a Dark Web monitoring service that keeps track of recent data breaches and tracks their impact by monitoring the darkest places of the internet. InsecureWeb notifies users and enterprises when their data has been found online and helps them mitigate the impact.