Data Breach Summary
In March 2023, InsecureWeb discovered a data breach affecting Njrat.org, a popular remote access tool website. The breach was posted by Pavlov, a notorious dark web hacker, on HydraMarket on March 24, 2023. The breach involved the theft of a database dump, compromising sensitive information of the website’s users. The breach posed a significant threat to the privacy and security of the affected users.
Where and How?
The breach occurred when an unauthorized individual gained access to Njrat.org’s database. The hacker was able to steal the database dump, which was then posted for sale on the dark web. The breach was discovered on HydraMarket, a popular dark web forum where stolen data is frequently sold.
A Screenshot of the data can be found below:
Company Data Breach History
There is no known history of data breaches by Njrat.org. This site is working with cybersecurity experts to further investigate the incident and is taking steps to strengthen its security measures in order to prevent similar breaches from occurring in the future.
Recommendations for Personal Data Protection
How Users Can Protect Their Information
To protect their personal information and accounts from being compromised, users should take the following steps:
– Change their passwords frequently, with a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
– Enable two-factor authentication whenever possible.
– Use unique passwords for each account, to prevent hackers from accessing multiple accounts with the same password.
– Be cautious of suspicious emails or messages, as they may contain phishing links that can compromise their accounts.
– Regularly monitor their accounts for any suspicious activity.
What is InsecureWeb?
InsecureWeb is a Dark Web monitoring service that keeps track of recent data breaches and tracks their impact by monitoring the darkest places of the internet. InsecureWeb notifies users and enterprises when their data has been found online and helps them mitigate the impact.