Data Breach Summary
On March 13, 2023, InsecureWeb discovered a data breach affecting the lenovo.com site. The breach was posted by StockStore on Nulled, and resulted in the leak of 1.01 KB of data.
Where and How?
The compromised information is unknown, but the leak’s name suggests that serial numbers with premier warranty fresh checks may have been leaked. The security breach was found in a dark web forum, specifically nulled.to.
A Screenshot of the data can be found below:
Company Data Breach History
This is not the first time that lenovo.com has suffered a data breach. In 2015, the company suffered a similar attack resulting in the leak of 1.2 million customer records. The company has since implemented stronger security measures to prevent future breaches. This site is working with cybersecurity experts to further investigate the incident and is taking steps to strengthen its security measures in order to prevent similar breaches from occurring in the future.
Recommendations for Personal Data Protection
How Users Can Protect Their Information
To protect their personal information and accounts from being compromised, users should take the following steps:
– Change their passwords frequently, with a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
– Enable two-factor authentication whenever possible.
– Use unique passwords for each account, to prevent hackers from accessing multiple accounts with the same password.
– Be cautious of suspicious emails or messages, as they may contain phishing links that can compromise their accounts.
– Regularly monitor their accounts for any suspicious activity.
What is InsecureWeb?
InsecureWeb is a Dark Web monitoring service that keeps track of recent data breaches and tracks their impact by monitoring the darkest places of the internet. InsecureWeb notifies users and enterprises when their data has been found online and helps them mitigate the impact.