Data Breach Summary
On April 15, 2023, InsecureWeb discovered a data breach affecting the kolyan.net site. The breach was posted by Pavlov on HydraMarket, and resulted in the leak of 491,482 customer records.
Where and How?
The compromised personal information includes email addresses, passwords, usernames, IP addresses, and names. The amount of information stolen was 49.1 MB. The security breach was found in a dark web forum, specifically hydramarket.co.
A Screenshot of the data can be found below:
Company Data Breach History
This is not the first time that kolyan.net has suffered a data breach. In 2021, the company suffered a similar attack resulting in the leak of 10,000 customer records. The company has not released any public statements regarding the recent breach. This site is working with cybersecurity experts to further investigate the incident and is taking steps to strengthen its security measures in order to prevent similar breaches from occurring in the future.
Recommendations for Personal Data Protection
How Users Can Protect Their Information
To protect their personal information and accounts from being compromised, users should take the following steps:
– Change their passwords frequently, with a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
– Enable two-factor authentication whenever possible.
– Use unique passwords for each account, to prevent hackers from accessing multiple accounts with the same password.
– Be cautious of suspicious emails or messages, as they may contain phishing links that can compromise their accounts.
– Regularly monitor their accounts for any suspicious activity.
What is InsecureWeb?
InsecureWeb is a Dark Web monitoring service that keeps track of recent data breaches and tracks their impact by monitoring the darkest places of the internet. InsecureWeb notifies users and enterprises when their data has been found online and helps them mitigate the impact.