Data Breach Summary
InsecureWeb, a company dedicated to scanning the dark web for security breaches, has detected a data breach at Ucraft.com, an online website builder that allows users to create custom websites without programming or design experience. The breach was discovered on March 8, 2023, and the compromised information included usernames, first and last names, email addresses, passwords, balances, countries, and many more details of Ucraft.com’s users.
Where and How?
The breach was posted by @ on the Telegram channel #@Leaked_Breached_Hacked_Database and was found in telegram.org. The amount of information stolen in the breach was 168 MB, and the compromised data included sensitive information of Ucraft.com’s users.
A Screenshot of the data can be found below:
Company Data Breach History
This is the first known data breach for Ucraft.com. However, the breach serves as a reminder of the importance of website security and the need for websites that deal with sensitive user information to take strong measures to protect it. InsecureWeb recommends that all affected individuals take immediate action to protect their information, including changing passwords and monitoring accounts for suspicious activity.
Recommendations for Personal Data Protection
How Users Can Protect Their Information
To protect their personal information and accounts from being compromised, users should take the following steps:
– Change their passwords frequently, with a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
– Enable two-factor authentication whenever possible.
– Use unique passwords for each account, to prevent hackers from accessing multiple accounts with the same password.
– Be cautious of suspicious emails or messages, as they may contain phishing links that can compromise their accounts.
– Regularly monitor their accounts for any suspicious activity.
What is InsecureWeb?
InsecureWeb is a Dark Web monitoring service that keeps track of recent data breaches and tracks their impact by monitoring the darkest places of the internet. InsecureWeb notifies users and enterprises when their data has been found online and helps them mitigate the impact.