Data Breach Summary
InsecureWeb, a company specializing in detecting security breaches, has detected a data breach at Ddo.com, the official website of the video game Dungeons & Dragons Online. The breach was posted on the Telegram channel #@leakdatabreaches by an unknown user, @, on April 20th, 2023. The compromised data amounted to 60.9 MB and was found on Telegram.org, specifically in the channel #@leakdatabreaches.
Where and How?
InsecureWeb discovered the breach during a routine scan of the dark web. The exact origin of the breach is unknown, but it is suspected that it was due to a vulnerability in the website’s security system. The hackers likely gained access to the website’s database and stole sensitive information, including user data and login credentials.
A Screenshot of the data can be found below:
Company Data Breach History
There is no record of Ddo.com suffering a data breach in the past. However, the latest breach highlights the need for increased cybersecurity measures, especially for online gaming websites that store sensitive information. It is crucial for companies to take measures to protect their systems and data from unauthorized access.
Recommendations for Personal Data Protection
How Users Can Protect Their Information
To protect their personal information and accounts from being compromised, users should take the following steps:
– Change their passwords frequently, with a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
– Enable two-factor authentication whenever possible.
– Use unique passwords for each account, to prevent hackers from accessing multiple accounts with the same password.
– Be cautious of suspicious emails or messages, as they may contain phishing links that can compromise their accounts.
– Regularly monitor their accounts for any suspicious activity.
What is InsecureWeb?
InsecureWeb is a Dark Web monitoring service that keeps track of recent data breaches and tracks their impact by monitoring the darkest places of the internet. InsecureWeb notifies users and enterprises when their data has been found online and helps them mitigate the impact.